ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Training
ISO 45001 will be the world’s first OH&S international standard which will help thousands of organizations to provide a safe and healthy workplace for their workers and other people, prevent deaths, work-related injury and ill-health and to continually improve its OH&S performance. Organization’s will improve their resilience by ensuring they can anticipate, prepare for, respond and adapt to changes so they survive and prosper.
ISO 45001 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, with guidance for its use, to enable an organization to provide a safe and healthy workplace(s), by preventing work-related injury and/or ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance. ISO 45001 is applicable to any organization that wishes to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities.
ICCASA offers you tailored ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System training courses in support of your key organizational strategic focus areas and adapted to address your industry and business needs. Training can be done in-house or by attending one of our public courses.
ICCASA conducts the 2 day migration training from OHSAS 18001 to the new ISO 45001:2018 which will assist and guide companies on how to migrate their current OH&S management system to meet the requirements of the new ISO 45001 standard.
ICCASA is proud to announce that the ISO 45001 training will be conducted by the ISO 45001 South African Representative, Technical Expert and Member of the ISO/PC 283 Committee responsible for the ISO 45001 standard development.
ISO 45001- OH&S
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System – Implementation
ISO 45001 is an International Standard that specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, with guidance for its use, to enable an organization to proactively improve its OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health. ISO 45001 is intended to be applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and nature. All of its requirements are intended to be integrated into an organization’s own management processes. ISO 45001 is based on the new ISO High Level Structure (HLS) for management system standards which: –
• Integrates with other management systems
• Provides an integrated approach to organizational management
• Reflects the increasingly complex environments in which organizations operate
• Enhance an organization’s ability to address their health & safety risks.
This course will help you to develop, implement and apply monitoring controls to manage and mitigate occupational health and safety risks which will lead to reducing work related injuries, ill health and death as well as eliminate or minimize OH&S risks, demonstrate corporate responsibility, protect brand reputation motivate and engage staff through consultation and participation .
How will I benefit?
- Learn how to implement an occupational health and safety management system within your organization to eliminate and/or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with your activities
- Learn how to migrate your organization to meet the new requirements of the ISO 45001 standard
- Understand the conformance requirements associated with your stated OH&S policy
- Learn how to implement, maintain and continually improve your organization’s OH&S management system
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System – Internal Auditing
This course will enable you to learn how to audit the processes of an ISO 45001 occupational health and safety management system. Understand the changes and the impact of the new requirements of ISO 45001 and how to effectively audit these new requirements for optimal success . Learn how to plan and perform an audit, write a comprehensive audit report and address nonconformities through relevant corrective actions for continual improvement
How will I benefit?
- Learn how to conduct effective internal audits on your organization’s ISO 45001 OH&S management system in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 auditing principles
- Understand how to plan, schedule, initiate, prepare and conduct ISO 45001 audit activities
- Effectively close out, follow up and compile an audit report for distribution and action
In-house training is also available upon request.
In-house training uses a targeted approach which in short, ensures that your organisation’s context and business operations are specifically incorporated into all aspects of the training which more importantly, includes the practical application components of the training. This targeted approach ensures that the training delivery is aimed at the applicable and related skills that are specifically required to meet and support your organisation’s mandate and its subsequent key performance areas/indicators and that the organisational context, environment, challenges and needs are holistically incorporated into the learning outcomes. This ensures that your organisation can gain meaningful knowledge transfer, tailor-structured methodologies and organisation-specific training.